Dear Lucky Agent Contest for YA Writers and Who's Your Literary BFF?

Just for writers of YA, the seventh Dear Lucky Agent contest is here!





"The first 150-200 words of your unpublished, book-length work of young adult fiction. You must include a contact e-mail address with your entry and use your real name. Also, submit the title of the work and a logline (one-sentence description of the work) with your entry."

Further submission guidelines and the e-mail address to mail your entry to are here.

Rachel Bertsche had a guest post on Nathan Bransford's blog asking which literary character would you like to be best friends with?

I agree with her on the members of The Babysitter's Club girls, Hermione and Jo March; I'd also love to be friends with Anne Shirley, Prince Caspian, and Anna Solden of Jean Little's From Anna. I'd like to know Luthien as well, not to mention Lord John Grey and Peter Wimsey. Then there's Calvin and Meg from A Wrinkle in Time, James Qwilleran of the Cat Who books... It seems that rather than a best friend, I'd like an entire group!

Two notes:

Part 13 of Kait Nolan's Forsaken By Shadow is here.

Don't forget to enter my middle grade contest - just a leave a comment and win free books!

Comments

Talli Roland said…
Thanks for the heads up on the contest, Deniz!

I hear you on Anne Shirley. I would have loved to have her as a best friend!
CLM said…
I think I would have been a much better best friend for Anne Shirley or Emily Starr than the ones they had! What about Flip Hunter in And Both Were Young? Or Penny Parrish in Star Spangled Summer?
Deniz Bevan said…
Ooh, I haven't read those two yet! Always excited to add more YA to my wishlist :-)