Bleary-eyed and Droopy Tailed - but My Novel Is Nearing The End

Ah, NaNo.



Still going strong!

My schedules have gotten a bit topsy turvy, so that I'm still writing every day, but with lots of family and friend (and, oh yea, work) commitments, haven't been typing up my words nearly every day. Cracked 30,000 over the weekend but have another 6,000 to type up tonight, to bring the novel itself to c. 120,000 - the longest I've ever had.

Just look at my notebook!


Frodo did:


Here are my 15 Authors Who've Influenced Me (per the Facebook meme, off the top of my head, without overthinking it):

1. L M Montgomery

2. Jean Little

3. J R R Tolkien

4. C S Lewis

5. John Bellairs

6. Diana Gabaldon

7. Walter de la Mare

8. Agatha Christie

9. Dorothy L Sayers

10. Marchette Chute

11. Madeleine l'Engle

12. E L Konigsburg

13. Fyodor Dostoyevksy

14. Charles Bukowski

15. James Herriott
Then I added in the comments that I'd forgotten Ted Keneally, Beatrix Potter, Louisa May Alcott, Kit Pearson, Margaret Buffie - and poets! I'd forgotten all the poets! Eliot, Keats, Graves, Dorothy Parker, Vachel Lindsay, Blake, Rochester, cummings, Emily Carr, and on and on... And Dahl and Vonnegut and - where does it end?

Comments

Zan Marie said…
Deniz!
There is something in the comraderie of seeing another long-hand-first writer's notebook! I'm not alone. ; )
Dr. Mohamed said…
Congrats on getting this far!!!
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you both!
If this novel ever gets finished maybe I'll put up a photo of all the different notebooks I've gone through...
fellow longhander here, do you ever think of what these notebooks will go for when we become classics?
Deniz Bevan said…
I always think of JK Rowling, bringing out her trunk of papers on 60 Minutes...
Amazing. I can't believe anyone does ANYTHING longhand anymore...
Deniz Bevan said…
I love the smell of ink in the morning [snicker]
Tara said…
Deniz - that notebook is insane, girl! My wrists would fall off!!
Alexandra said…
I am in lust over your notebooking skills.