Break on Through by Jill Murray and Contests

Question number two: when was the last time you read a book straight through without stopping?

(Question number one was a few days ago, on The Lord of the Rings)

I did today, when I read Jill Murray's Break on Through, a fast-paced tale about six months in the life of Nadine 'Lady Six Sky' Durant, who just happens to be a breakdancer. Talk about reading outside of my comfort zone, but Jill's writing is so smooth and Nadine's voice so true, that I couldn't step away from her world for even a minute. I can't wait to read the next book, Rhythm and Blues.

It felt even better doing this - that is, the guilt factor was very low - as I wrote over 10,000 words of my own yesterday. Yes, I even wrote The End. Squee! Of course, now I have to turn right around and rewrite it.

The last time I read a book straight through was Alan Silberberg's Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze, and before that, PJ Bracegirdle's first book in The Joy of Spooking Series.

What can I say? Let's hear it for YA authors from my neighbourhood!

As for contests, there's my 100 Followers Thank You Contest - thanks to those that have signed up so far!

And Pam's having an easy-peasy Outlander giveaway. If you haven't read one of the best books ever, now's your chance to have your own straight-through-without-stopping reading day. Outlander will do it, for sure.

The next instalment of Kait Nolan's Forsaken by Shadow is up!

Comments