Severus Snape. That Is All.

Severus Snape!

I have nothing original to say today, but yesterday, thanks to Theresa Milstein, I discovered these satirical Harry Potter film posters.


I re-posted a few of the Snape ones on my Facebook wall and Theresa called me on it (what she actually said was "I had no idea you had such a crush on Severus"), to which my reply, in writer-speak, was "he has the greatest character arc".

And it's true, he does. I'll never again recapture that moment when I first discovered, along with Harry, Snape's true motivations, but each reread makes me cry all over again.


For more Harry Potter fun, check out Laurel's Leaves on Wednesdays!

Comments

Li said…
Snape is one of my favorite characters, simply because he kept me guessing as to his motivations - and I guess because I find a certain amount of snarkiness appealing.
Sarah McCabe said…
Those are hilarious!

I admit to having a huge character crush on Snape. Though I don't imagine him played by Alan Rickman in my head, he's pretty good too. ;)
Jenny Maloney said…
Snape is the BEST Harry Potter character. He was my fave before I read the telling chapter (Just Knew He Wasn't A Bad Guy).

Though, I really love Ginny too and I don't think she gets enough air time in the books or the movies.
Ha! What a surprise post to come to! Now you've made me laugh two days in a row.

My favorite poster is the one that makes fun of a certain book that has sparkling beings in it.

Snape DOES have the best character arc. I recall the hype before the 7th book came out. I have pin that says, "Snape - good or evil?" I always believed in him.
Dr. Mohamed said…
You have nothing original to say? I don't believe that for one moment...you're being modest.
Len Lambert said…
LOL! Love them. Thanks, Deniz :)
Anonymous said…
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. ;) I remember I imagined him with a huge head and veins shooting out of his forehead. . . I realized I was wrong. Love him!
He was such a great character. I miss those books coming out every couple of years like crazy!!
Deniz Bevan said…
I agree li!

It's true, Sarah, I wouldn't have pictured Alan Rickman, but he does it very well. Everyone in the movies looks exactly like they do in the books!

You're right Jenny, I like Ginny a lot, too. I could have also used more of Lupin.

I'd like that pin, Theresa! These posters are hilarious.

Aw, thanks Mohamed [s]

Ha ha, Madeline - veins? That's really funny [s] Though maybe when he gets angry enough...

I miss the constant books too, Pamela. Especially hanging around waiting for same day delivery on Saturday and then reading all weekend.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks for coming by, Wendy!