R is for... Requiescat in pace

Back in 2011, I held a week-long contest to celebrate the fact that I'd reached my 500th post, after nearly four years of blogging.
At the time, I sorted many of my previous posts into groups, which made for easy referencing, especially of story material.


(Also because I've never tagged my posts!)



When I celebrated reaching my 1000th post during last year's A to Z Challenge there wasn't time to sort all the posts between 2011 and 2016.

What better time than now?

I’m actually going to go over 1,000, and collate all posts to the end of 2016!

And I’m going to link to every single post (except for the A to Z posts, which are mostly summarized), something I didn’t do in my original 500 compilation, or even in my 900th post compilation.

I’ve got lots of interesting themes coming up for each day -- and each day will also highlight a fellow blogger or two!


Today is...
Requiescat in pace




Authors, actors, musicians, and two beloved pets lost in the past few years...




Lilian Jackson Braun

George Whitman, founder of Shakespeare and Company

Ray Bradbury and Jean Craighead George

Nora Ephron

Donald J. Sobol

Maeve Binchy and Geoffrey Hughes (actor)

E. L. Konigsburg and Deanna Durbin (actress)

Lou Reed

Betty Ren Wright

Sue Townsend and Farley Mowat

Rik Mayall

David Bowie

Prince


Frodo and Sam


Today’s featured blogger is...
A Round of Words in 80 Days, and two other bloggers on Facebook: Tammy Thierault and Talli Roland!




Which fun groups on Facebook would you recommend?

Comments

Hi Deniz - two great friends from FB - which I don't do .. but know Tammy and Talli from their blogs - so still see Tammy occasionally and catch Talli when a FB pops up.

Lots of losses over the year ... love the Latin derivation: Rest in Peace ...

Cheers and have a good weekend ... Hilary

http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/s-for-sheep.html
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you, Hilary!