T is for... Tolkien

Back in 2011, I held a week-long contest to celebrate the fact that I'd reached my 500th post, after nearly four years of blogging.

At the time, I sorted many of my previous posts into groups, which made for easy referencing, especially of story material.
(Also because I've never tagged my posts!)

When I celebrated reaching my 1000th post during last year's A to Z Challenge there wasn't time to sort all the posts between 2011 and 2016.

What better time than now?

I’m actually going to go over 1,000, and collate all posts to the end of 2016! And I’m going to link to every single post (except for the A to Z posts, which are mostly summarized), something I didn’t do in my original 500 compilation, or even in my 900th post compilation.

I’ve got lots of fun themes coming up for each day -- and each day will also highlight a fellow blogger or two!

Today is...

Tolkien!

These are only some of my Tolkien-related posts, since he seems to crop up in practically every post I write...




Linguaphone recordings

Wariangle and Tolkien on vocabulary

Ian McKellen on Gandalf

Birthday toasts: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016

Nobel prize

Stamps

Today in Middle-earth calendar

Tolkien Trail in Hurst Green, Lancashire and another post with different photos

Oxford

Staffordshire

New Tolkien!

Hobbit blogfest

The Hobbit movie review, and here

Tolkien Reading Day: 2013 and 2016

Favourite quotes on Twitter and another favourite quote, and favourite lines

The eagles and Mount Doom: part one and part two

WWI, and again

Songs for the Philologists

Tolkien at Exeter College

Rereading the History of Middle-earth

"Most modern fantasy just rearranges the furniture in Tolkien’s attic."

Theme for the 2016 A to Z Challenge: The Inklings!

Tolkien Photo Challenge (by Britta Siemen): part one, part two, and part three

A Secret Vice

Shelfie



Today’s featured blogger is... Theresa Milstein!



Have you featured a favourite author during the A to Z Challenge?

Comments

Hi Deniz - Tea for Two you could not include ... Tolkein - your love for his works shines through, and then Theresa with her Tales of Teaching, Tribulations, Typing Teen Texts - she's got a lot of troublesome Ts around!

Congratulations on your two Ts ... cheers Hilary

http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/t-is-for-turkey.html
sage said…
I've been impressed with your post on Tolkien and the time you've spent in his study.

http://sagecoveredhills.blogspot.com/2017/04/t-is-for-taurus-and-this-one-aint-ford.html#comment-form
Deniz Bevan said…
Thank you both!